- First you need to pull out the head unit (radio/navigation) from the dash of the car:
- Then at the back of the radio head unit you unplug the Quadlock, BMW 17 pin or mini ISO connector (that includes the smaller CD changer connector):
- The Gateway has a 3 way (T shaped) car side cable. You plug that between the car's unplugged Quadlock, BMW 17 pin or mini ISO connector and between the radio head unit:
- The 12 or 18 pin Molex plug on the Gateway's car side cable needs to be plugged into the Gateway unit of course.
- Important #1: If the car has an external 6CD changer (or by Volkswagen MDI) you need to fully disconnect that (all cables of it).
- Important #2: If the car is a Volkswagen/Skoda/Seat, then coding might be required, please read section K about that.
- Now that you installed the Gateway, you can test if everything works properly. If everything is OK you can place the hardware of the Gateway into the glove box or behind the radio head unit and finally you can reassembly all the elements of the car back together.
On youtube you might find installation videos. First of all we recommend to check out the installation videos of our US partner Enfig: https://www.youtube.com/user/Enfig/search?query=gw33ac2