The DAB+A only uses BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy), as in that case the 'DAB Control' app is only for controlling and managing the DAB stations.
- Bluetooth Low Energy needs to be available on the smartphone (if there is no BLE that is not supported)
- You need to install the latest 'DAB Control' app version (Google Play, App Store)
- The DAB+A device needs to have the latest firmware version 33! If it has firmware 31 it might not be updatable, but from version 32 you should be able to update it to 33 in the 'Set things' menu of the app. Please note that if you can't update it in case of Android, then you might be able to update it with an iPhone instead (currently the iOS app is more reliable in this aspect).
- Bluetooth needs to be turned on in the settings menu of the smartphone (the BLE and BT classic are on the same Bluetooth chip)
- Please turn on the 'Location' function of the smartphone. Normally when you start the 'DAB Control' app the smartphone should ask if you want to enable the 'Location' function to this application or not, you should choose 'yes'. It is enough to only enable the 'Location' for the 'DAB Control' application.
First time use:
- You turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone and leave it like that
- You start the car's radio head unit and the DAB+A will start with it too
- When you start the 'DAB Control' app on the phone the first time, in the 'Set things' menu of it you should see as 'Available devices' the DAB+A. You choose the DAB+A (a tick will appear next to it) and then you finalize the pairing by selecting the lower tick button. Right after this the BLE connection will happen automatically with this smartphone not only for now, but later too. Of course BT needs to be turned on on the smartphone as a preparation.