The DAB+M uses both classic Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). The BLE is only for controlling and managing the DAB stations in the 'DAB Control' app, the classic Bluetooth is for the Bluetooth handsfree calls and Bluetooth music.
- Bluetooth Low Energy needs to be available on the smartphone (if there is no BLE that is not supported)
- You need to install the latest 'DAB Control' app version (Google Play, App Store)
- The DAB+M device needs to have the latest firmware version 33! If it has firmware 31 it might not be updatable, but from version 32 you should be able to update it to 33 in the 'Set things' menu of the app. Please note that if you can't update it in case of Android, then you might be able to update it with an iPhone instead (currently the iOS app is more reliable in this aspect).
- Bluetooth needs to be turned on in the settings menu of the smartphone (the BLE and BT classic are on the same Bluetooth chip)
- Please turn on the 'Location' function of the smartphone. Normally when you start the 'DAB Control' app the smartphone should ask if you want to enable the 'Location' function to this application or not, you should choose 'yes'. It is enough to only enable the 'Location' for the 'DAB Control' application.
First time use:
- You turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone and leave it like that
- You start the car's radio head unit and the DAB+M will start with it too
- You first connect through classic Bluetooth. For that open the Bluetooth settings menu of your phone. You will see the DAB+M as an available device. Choose to pair your smartphone with it. After successful pairing the classic Bluetooth connection will happen automatically.
- BLE pairing: Now you can start the 'DAB Control' app on the phone the first time, in the 'Set things' menu of it you should see as 'Available devices' the DAB+M. You choose the DAB+M (a tick will appear next to it) and then you finalize the pairing by selecting the lower tick button. Right after this the BLE connection will happen automatically with this smartphone not only for now, but later too. Of course BT needs to be turned on on the smartphone as a preparation.
Classic Bluetooth additional help:
The pairing process is the first step you need to do on your phone before successful Bluetooth connection. If the phone is already paired to the DAB+M, then it can connect with the DAB+M automatically if classic Bluetooth is activated on the smartphone.
The Bluetooth pairing code is 8888, in other cases 0000.
The pairing procedure sometimes requires more time than normal, which means you may need to try constantly trying pairing from your phone for 2-3 minutes. This is happening because:
- the hardware is ready for pairing periodically (it searches earlier connected phones for 30-40 seconds and searches new phones for 20-25 seconds)
- If a different phone was already connected, it tries to reconnect to that phone first
- The fastest or surest opportunity for pairing (and connection) is in the first seconds after you started the ignition of the car
If the Bluetooth pairing or connection is not possible within 2-3 minutes, you can try the following steps:
- Delete pairing history on the phone then reboot it. After it comes back, pair it with the DAB+M and try again. (In case of iPhones hard reset could help)
- Disconnect the DAB+M from power and reconnect
- Try other smartphones too if the same is happening or not
- Search for available firmware updates in our website