Help center & knowledge base
- Discontinued Products
- Gateway 500 Lite (D2B)
! Please read
- The Gateway 500 Lite D2B (GWL1DB1) was discontinued in 2016 or earlier.
- It was compatible with all Mercedes radio head units which have the D2B optical system (Audio 10, Audio 30, COMAND 2, COMAND 2.5)
- It was discontinued, because the only manufacturer of the D2B chip closed production and without that chip we couldn't make the product anymore.
- If you want to connect an iPod/iPhone that has a Lightning connection, then you can try it with an original Apple 30pin-to-Lightning adapter. Based on almost all of the feedbacks of the customers it works like this. Although the Dension Lightning adapter (LIA1GW0) is compatible with the Gateway 500 Lite D2B, if you have firmware 1.04 installed.
- The last firmware version for this Gateway was version 1.04. You can still get it with user and installation manuals from here: