The pairing process is the first step you need to do on your phone with the Gateway, before successful Bluetooth connection. If the phone is already paired to the Gateway, then it can connect with the Gateway automatically if Bluetooth is activated on the smartphone.
The Bluetooth pairing code is 0000, in other cases 8888.
On Gateway, the pairing procedure sometimes requires more time than normal, which means you may need to try constantly trying pairing from your phone for 2-3 minutes. This is happening because:
- the hardware is ready for pairing periodically (it searches earlier connected phones for 30-40 seconds and searches new phones for 20-25 seconds)
- If a different phone was already connected, it tries to reconnect to that phone first
- The fastest or surest opportunity for pairing (and connection) is in the first seconds after you started the ignition of the car
If the Bluetooth pairing or connection is not possible within 2-3 minutes, you can try the following steps:
- Turn the whole car with closed doors OFF and back ON after 15 minutes
- Delete pairing history on the phone then reboot it. After it comes back, pair it with the Gateway and try again. (In case of iPhones hard reset could help)
- Disconnect the Gateway from power and reconnect
- Try other smartphones too if the same is happening or not
- And if none of the above seem to help, then you can try one by one firmware version 57 and 65, finding out which works better in your case. These firmware versions include different Bluetooth settings, so if you have a Samsung or Motorola then for you most likely firmware 57 will be the best one, in other cases firmware 65. Based on the feedbacks of customers. You can download these firmware versions from the bottom of this page
If Bluetooth pairing and connection is working properly, but you have any problems with your phone calls, please read section K about that.
If Bluetooth connection is working ok for you, but you experience that the Gateway device is not remembering Bluetooth audio as last music source, then that is a problem that can happen for some customers. We couldn't reproduce the problem, so as a solution we made firmware version 65z, which is a modified version of firmware 65, with the extra that the default/forced music source is Bluetooth audio. So firmware version 65z can be a solution for you in this case, you can get it from below: