The pairing process is the first step you need to do on your phone with the Compact BT, before successful Bluetooth connection. If the phone is already paired to the Dension device, then it can connect with it automatically if Bluetooth is activated on the smartphone.
The pairing process:
- Go to ‘Bluetooth Settings’ on your smartphone
- Switch Bluetooth ON
- Power up your Compact BT by turning the ignition ON
- See the list of available devices in the Bluetooth settings of your phone
- Pair with the Compact BT when it appears on the device list
- After successful pairing it will automatically connect to your smartphone
The Bluetooth pairing code is 8888, in other cases 0000.
The pairing procedure sometimes requires more time than normal, which means you may need to try constantly trying pairing from your phone for 2-3 minutes. This is happening because:
- the hardware is ready for pairing periodically (it searches earlier connected phones for 30-40 seconds and searches new phones for 20-25 seconds)
- If a different phone was already connected, it tries to reconnect to that phone first
- The fastest or surest opportunity for pairing (and connection) is in the first seconds after you started the ignition of the car
If the Bluetooth pairing or connection is not possible within 2-3 minutes, you can try the following steps:
- Delete pairing history on the phone then reboot it. After it comes back, pair it with the Compact BT and try again. (In case of iPhones hard reset could help!)
- Try other smartphones if they have the same problem with the device or not
- Disconnect the Compact BT from power and reconnect
If Bluetooth pairing and connection is working properly, but you have any problems with your phone calls, please read section C about that.
Important: the Compact BT is quite strict when it's about Bluetooth connection, so it might dominate against the car's handsfree phone. Unfortunately the Compact BT is not capable to be changed in this matter: you can't disable/enable the handsfree phone function of the Compact BT separately leaving BT music active only. This is not an issue if you have an Android smartphone because you can simply do this on the side of your smartphone. In the phone's Bluetooth menu you can simply disable the handsfree phone with the Compact BT and leave the tick only for the BT audio/music. But the situation is different if you have an iPhone, because this setting by iPhone was never possible, so the iPhone will always try to connect both through Bluetooth phone and Bluetooth music profiles if those are available.