The CD changer (and CAN) protocol is what the Gateway uses, so that the car can recognize it. This protocol is a little limited, therefore you only have the Next/Previous track buttons and CD1-CD6 (buttons 1-6) for controlling the music playback*.
- CD1: If you select this one, you can see the list of playlists.
- CD2: With Disc 2 you can browse the Artists.
- CD3: After pressing Disc 3 you will be able to select between the available Albums.
- CD4: Under Disc 4 you will find an extra menu where you can select „Play all” list or you can turn ON/OFF the Random, repeat or Scan options.
- CD5: This is the Now playing menu where the current played song info can be seen. if you select a music file or don’t do anything in the menu for more seconds, the Gateway will switch to CD5 automatically.
- CD6: Disc 6 is the Source/Menu selection of the Gateway. Under this option, you can find the Source selection where you can select between the different connected sources (AUX-in, iPod UI, iPod GW).
*Audi/Seat/Skoda/VW: In most cases of these the Gateway also uses the cluster display (FIS) and the steering wheel controls (coding might be necessary please read section G). With the steering wheel controls you can reach and control the Gateway music menu in the cluster display.