We constantly improve our firmware therefore it is highly recommended to perform a firmware update first, if any issue / problem arise. The update procedure on devices that have USB is simple.
- Extract the update file from the update package and copy it to the root of a USB flash drive, then connect the USB drive to the Gateway while it is powered up.
- If there is an iPod connected to the Gateway you can leave as it is, in any playback mode or status, you do not need to disconnect or stop playback.
- Update procedure will start automatically within a few seconds and takes approximately 1 minute. Do not disconnect the USB drive within this time. During the update the head unit (car stereo) turns to tuner mode and the Gateway restarts.
- When finished, change the source to CD-Changer to use the Gateway again.
After a successful update the update file should be deleted from the USB flash drive and GW_EES.BIN file will appear with the new software version.
If the firmware update was not successful, that means:
- The USB had no music content, therefore the Gateway Lite BT did not recognize it
- The USB stick had more than one partition
- The USB stick was formatted to NTFS or to a format other than FAT16/32
- The Gateway device has this update already -> check the GW_EES.BIN
If the device is not functional after the update: (This usually happens if the user disconnects the USB during the update process or the power has been removed during the update)
- Downgrade to the previous version
- Disconnect and reconnect the device from power