Getting a GW_EES.BIN file sometimes it is very useful because we can see
- what is the exact firmware version
- what are the basic settings (text, or car configuration)
The process of getting that file is very easy. You need to have a simple USB thumb drive which is
- formatted to FAT 32
- has only one partition
- there is one playable music content on it
You need to do the following
- Power the system ON (radio, ignition)
- Connect the USB to the Gateway (it will start flickering)
- Select the Gateway as a source
- Turn the whole system OFF, remove the car key too
- Wait about 1 or maximum 2 minutes then
- Turn the system ON again (e.g. radio)
- The USB will start flickering
- Wait 10 seconds, disconnect and check the content on a PC. The GW_EES.BIN should be on it
Please note: If the file is not available, then please use a different USB stick and repeat the mentioned steps above.
The firmware version can be checked if you open that file with WordPad.
Please check if there is newer firmware available for download.